‘AMG's core business is engines, and with Mercedes committed to direct-injection for its entire range of gasoline engines in 2004, the engineers at Affalterbach are working on in-house performance variants that inevitably produce more horsepower per liter.’ Diesel-powered vehicles took a record 36.5% of the German market this past January. So little wonder that AMG, Mercedes-Benz's fast-growing performance division, is seriously researching “hot” diesel engines. “We're thinking about ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.