NEW YORK – AMG will flex its muscle this year when it offers V-12 engines in two models this summer, says Robert F. Allan, manager of AMG products at Mercedes-Benz USA. The AMG option packages add about 25% to 35% to the price of a car, Allan says, and that brings in big bucks for MBUSA. In 2003, 5% of the Mercedes vehicles sold in the U.S. were AMG models. Allan doesn't predict skyrocketing growth for AMG-enhanced units, because production is limited to what a small group of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.