In the court of analyst opinion, Visteon Corp. appears the winner in Ford Motor Co.’s decision to assist in the downsizing of its No.1 supplier. Ford on May 26 announced its plan to take control of 24 Visteon plants and facilities in the U.S. and Mexico. It adopts responsibility for 17,500 United Auto Worker employees, and will shoulder the burden of divesting, absorbing or closing all former Visteon operations it now possesses by the end of the decade.(See related story: Ford Back in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.