Despite recent massive layoffs by big truck makers — the latest made last week by Freightliner Corp. and Navistar International Corp. — analysts believe the industry won't follow the extreme cyclical trends of its past and will avoid a serious downturn after several consecutive record sales years. The reasons being, analysts explain, an economy that remains relatively strong, and the use of just-in-time manufacturing and online ordering, which were in their infancy the last time big truck ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.