TOKYO – Industry analysts are waiting for more details before giving a thumbs-up to Toyota’s “global vision” restructuring plan. Toyota, which revealed the plan on Wednesday, aims to build a foundation for sustainable profits even if production and sales remain at current annual levels of less than 7.5 million units. Outlining the plan at a packed news conference, Toyota President Akio Toyoda declares, “We must be ready to generate profits under any circumstance.” According to the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.