A Merrill Lynch analyst reportedly warns that as many as 12 of the nation's gasoline refineries may close rather than invest in the next level of mandated desulfurization that takes effect in 2004 to 2006 — and that these plants could close before new low-sulfur fuel refining capacity comes on stream. The Blue Island, IL, refinery of Premcor Inc. already has closed, setting off the chain of events expected to create the same type of short-supply situation that gripped the nation last ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.