DETROIT – Sales of medium- and heavy-duty trucks totaled 30,007 units in April, down 6.2% on a daily rate basis from the 30,707 big rigs delivered during like-2001. Prior to April, the smallest monthly decline this year was 19.7% in March – and for the fourth consecutive month, the drop was smaller than the previous month’s. Through April sales of Class 4-8 trucks are running 18.0% behind year-ago (99,761 vs. 121,648), with the largest shortfalls coming in Class 7 and 8. (view related ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.