Expect North America’s April production to jump 4.7% compared with year-ago, totaling 1,356,627 units, Ward’s forecasts, due to an early Easter that adds three production days to the schedule. However, the holiday weekend – coupled with the damaging effects of an ongoing strike at Tier 1 supplier American Axle Mfg. & Holdings Inc. – will cause March output to plummet 20.7%. Related document: Ward’s Mar/Apr North American Vehicle Production Outlook The strike’s ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.