PARIS – Heuliez SA is in danger of collapse by April 11 unless it gets government backing, now that India’s Argentum Motors Pvt Ltd. has backed out of a deal to take control of the French contract manufacturer. “We had found a potential white knight, an Indian industrial, who, sadly, stood up (Heuliez) and we are now…in the process of looking at propositions,” says the French minister of economy, Christine Lagarde. Last summer, Argentum, also a contract manufacturer, said it would ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.