DETROIT – Argonne National Laboratory’s mammoth Advanced Photon Source (APS) is giving the industry a clearer picture of combustion -- and the future of emissions reduction. One European-based parts supplier tells Ward’s that data derived from the use of Argonne’s 0.6-mile (1 km)-wide APS will lead to development of cleaner, more efficient fuel injectors. And Illinois-based Argonne suggests the circular structure will give powertrain engineers greater understanding of soot formation. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.