General Motors Corp. again denies it is talking with Magna International Inc. about selling the supplier its Ste. Therese, Que., plant (see Ward's Automotive Reports — May 31, '99 p.4). But a GM of Canada Ltd. spokesman declined to say whether GM and Magna were discussing assembly plans for elsewhere in Canada. The topic resurfaced last week after the Toronto Globe and Mail reported a CBC television crew inadvertently recorded Magna Chairman Frank Stronach privately saying, “We're talking to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.