Vice Chairman Harry F. Pearce predicts General Motors Corp. could pick up market share this year if strong first quarter sales continue. And the program to trim white-collar personnel through attrition is on schedule and should not require layoffs, he says at an event to announce participation in the Upromise college savings network. GM will contribute $150 per new vehicle sold or leased to an education savings account. He also announces an education program to prevent the 39 child deaths a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.