Michael Mauer, head of design for DaimlerChrysler AG's Smart car unit, joins Saab Automobile AB as chief of design responsible for future Saab styling. Mr. Mauer replaces Einer Hareide, who left Saab to head an independent design studio in Norway. Before his work in the Smart unit, Mr. Mauer was general manager of the design department for Mercedes-Benz in Stuttgart, Germany, where he worked on the Mercedes SLK, SL and A-Class. He also spent time at the advanced design studio in Japan. • ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.