Ford Motor Co. is delaying launch of its Wingcast in-vehicle communications service until mid-2002 from a previously planned introduction later this year. A spokesman says the Wingcast technology is complicated and Ford prefers a short delay in launch to get it right. • M. Scott Ulnick, senior partner at market research company Ducker Worldwide, says telematics is nothing more than a “novelty item” and a “niche product for the high-end user.” He tells attendees at the 2001 Detroit Auto ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.