Ford Motor Co.'s Lincoln Mercury Div. held training sessions for Middle Eastern sales personnel last week in the U.S. as part of its export program for the new LS sedan. Despite a 12-18 month moratorium ordered on exports to Europe by Ford prestige car czar Wolfgang Reitzle, Lincoln is firming up plans for LS exports to Japan and Middle Eastern markets. Mr. Reitzle halted plans for marketing the LS in Europe because he felt it would compete head on with the Volvo S80. • DaimlerChrysler ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.