Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. is giving serious consideration to building a larger pickup at its Smyrna, TN, plant. Nissan sources say the vehicle “most likely wouldn't be a full-size pickup,” but something more equivalent in size to the Dodge Dakota. • Ford Motor Co. decided to scrap announcement last week of a plan to increase V-8 engine production at its Windsor, Ont. engine plant (see Ward's Automotive Reports — March 15, '99, p.1) — but that doesn't mean it won't happen. The automaker now ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.