General Motors Corp. Chief Executive Rick Wagoner says the global cost-reduction initiative launched in December has produced more than 2,300 cost-cutting ideas from suppliers — more than half from North America. The program splits savings 35/65 between the supplier and GM. • The Society of Automotive Engineers Exposition in Detroit last week produced word of several new supplier contracts. Among them: American Axle & Mfg. Inc. says its new SmartBar electronically controlled ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.