Martin Winterkorn, member of the Volkswagen AG board responsible for research and development, does not call the upcoming ’03 model under development with Porsche AG a sport/utility vehicle. He refers to it as an "off-road car," confirming it will use the unique 6L W-12 engine earmarked for VW’s D1 luxury sedan. The new model will bow in Detroit in January and hit the market in the ’03 model year. • Mazda Motor Corp.’s new rotary engine for the RX-8 meets current U.S. (and Japan) ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.