AB Volvo shareholders were expected to approve Ford Motor Co.'s $6.45 billion bid Monday (March 8) for Volvo's car division. Ron Zarrella, president of General Motors Corp.'s North American Operations, says Ford overpaid to get a Swedish company. “I feel buying Volvo means Ford had no intention of making Lincoln Mercury a global luxury brand,” he says. • Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. Inc. is hiking prices of most of its '99 model cars and trucks by 0.3%, or $63, on a sales-weighed basis. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.