Ford Motor Co. faces a $4 billion class-action lawsuit in California involving some 3 million plaintiffs who claim Ford installed faulty thick film ignition (TFI) modules in 1.7 million vehicles between 1983 and 1995. The ignitions are blamed for causing vehicles to stall. The lawsuit would make Ford pay damages from profits gained on the sales of these vehicles. • Ford Motor Co. is recalling 57,200 '99 Expeditions/Navigators equipped with 17-in. chrome-finished steel wheels. The wheels ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.