Ford Motor Co. will show its '02 SVT Focus 2L 170-hp engine, the first collaboration on a production powerplant for North America with its Cosworth Technology subsidiary, at this week's Society of Automotive Engineers exhibition in Detroit. The powerplant features variable valve timing and an under-body-only catalyst system. Ford won't feature the Cosworth name on U.S.-market Focus SVTs, but the operation could get billing in Europe where the car will be sold as the Focus ST170. Only 7,500 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.