The National Highway Traffic Safety Admin. is upgrading probes into possible steering problems in DaimlerChrysler Corp. cars and oversensitive air bags in General Motors Corp. cars. NHTSA is looking into complaints of rack and pinion system failure on 853,600 '94-'96 Eagle Vision, Dodge Intrepid, Chrysler New Yorker, Concorde and LHS sedans. NHTSA also is looking into claims airbags could deploy from minor front impacts or driving on rough roads involving 52,648 '98 Oldsmobile Cutlasses. • ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.