A series of eco-terrorist arson attacks against Western dealerships has owners checking their insurance policies. But if the desired effect was to hurt SUV sales and shake up staffers, well, it’s been a wash for the Earth Liberation Front (ELF). ELF, a loosely organized radical environmental group, has vandalized and destroyed SUVs at 11 dealerships in seven separate attacks since March of 2001. West Covina’s Clippinger Chevrolet-Hummer took biggest hit from SUV terrorists. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.