TROY, MI – Hoping to triple sales in Asia within five years, ArvinMeritor Inc. announced a new joint venture with Chinese auto maker Chery Automobile Co. Ltd. to design and manufacture chassis systems and components. ArvinMeritor will have the controlling share of the 60/40 joint venture, which will be based in Wuhu, China. Chery is a midsized but fast-growing auto maker in east China, and it recently inked an agreement with Chrysler Group to build small cars and export them to the U.S. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.