VIENNA – Pilot production of the Skoda Octavia is under way at Kazakhstan's sole car assembly plant, ZAO Asia Avto. Regular assembly from semi-knocked-down kits supplied from Volkswagen AG's Czech subsidiary, Skoda Auto a.s., will begin in late August. Asia Avto expects to produce about 500 first-generation Octavias by year's end. “The basic Octavia with 1.6L engine will be priced at about €10,000 ($12,095) in the Kazakh market,” says Oleg Alferov, Asia Avto vice president-development ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.