VIENNA – Asia Avto reports its best-ever figures for the first half of the year since beginning vehicle assembly in 2003. The auto maker, based in Ustj-Kamenogorsk, Kazahkstan, assembled 2,609 units from semi-knocked-down kits over the year’s first six months, up 160.9% from like-2010. Previously its best first-half was in 2007, with 2,193 assemblies. Asia Avto built 936 Lada, 934 Kia, 468 Chevrolet and 271 Skoda units in the period. Output through June represented 18.3% of Kazakhstan’s ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.