Shanghai GM secures small-car deal in China SHANGHAI — Shanghai General Motors Automotive Co. Ltd. (SGM) sails into China's burgeoning small-car arena with its newest entry. The joint venture between General Motors Corp. and Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp. announced its much-anticipated compact Buick Sail, after years of trying to secure a small-car deal in China. The 1.6L Sail, based on the Opel Corsa, will be tailored to Chinese road and market conditions but equipped with modern ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.