Hyundai, Kia soars in first-half profits SEOUL — No.1 Korean automaker Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. sees first-half profits rise 181.7%, buoyed by a strong economic recovery at home. Its record net profit of 310.4 billion won (US$277.8 million) in the first six months exceeded projections of 300 billion won (US$268.6 million). The automaker projects its sales for the year to reach 18.6 trillion won (US$16.7 billion). Profits of Hyundai subsidiary Kia Motors Corp. rose to 82.6 billion won ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.