Nissan revises profit projections for FY2000 TOKYO — Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. expects operating profits for the fiscal year ending March 31 to fall below earlier projections. The Japanese automaker, which earlier projected consolidated operating profits of US$900 million on sales of US$62 billion, says it fell short due to sluggish domestic sales. Nissan plans to cut the number of domestic nameplates by 25% from the current 40. Nissan in North America uses nine different names. Additionally, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.