Honda ups overseas production TOKYO — Honda Motor Co. Ltd.'s overseas car and light-truck production exceeds its domestic levels in the first half of fiscal year 1999 — a first for any Japanese automaker, Honda reports. The company plans to further tip the production scale away from Japan. This year's April-September domestic production was 587,000 units, up 0.4% from the previous year, while overseas production of 608,000 units rose by 12.4%. The increase is due to Honda's expansion of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.