Ford sets lofty goal for Ikon in India CHENNAI — Ford Motor Co.'s India unit plans to sell 40,000 Ikon passenger cars in 2001 against 22,000 cars sold last year, Ford officials say. Sales of 3,075 Ikons in January show the company is off to a good start with domestic sales of 1,555 units and exports of 1,520 units. The sales reflect an 18% growth over December 2000 and 182% growth over January 2000. Ford's Ikon has captured 23% of the midsize car segment in India. The automaker also is ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.