Fiat to build at GM Thailand plant RAYONG province — Fiat SpA and General Motors Corp. will assemble Alfa Romeo 156 notchbacks at GM's factory in Thailand, industry sources here say. GM currently builds the Opel/Chevrolet Zafira at the plant but has been studying ways to utilize a significant amount of extra capacity. The Italian automaker recently announced its plans to take over distribution rights of its Alfa Romeo, Fiat and Lancia brands in Thailand from their current representatives. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.