Thai Toyota to source vehicle parts locally BANGKOK — Toyota Motor Corp.'s Thailand operations reportedly plan to source all vehicle parts locally within three years. President Yoshiaki Muramatsu says the aim is to stabilize prices and consolidate Toyota's market position. He says there will be talks with foreign supplier companies regarding alliances with local parts suppliers. Toyota now has about 80% local content in its pickup trucks and between 55% and 80% in cars, depending on the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.