India car sales speed up NEW DELHI — India reports a 55.8% jump in automotive sales during the previous fiscal year, thanks to the many new entries to the passenger car market. The Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers says sales rose to 638,815 units in the period from April 1999-March 2000 over the previous fiscal year. Analysts say, however, that this level of growth won't last unless automakers upgrade models and launch new cars. Some automakers already have seen a sales slowdown. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.