Japan continues downward sales results TOKYO — Japan's domestic vehicle sales for July tumble 14% from a year earlier in their 28th consecutive month of decline. Auto sales (excluding 0.66L minivehicles) fell to 372,334 units, with passenger cars reporting a 17% fall. Production among Japan's five leading automakers also suffered. Domestic vehicle production for the year's first half hit its lowest level in 20 years, sinking under the half-million mark. From January to June, domestic ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.