General Motors Corp. is committing a combined $104 million to expand renovation projects at assembly plants in Flint, MI, and Ft. Wayne, IN, according to the automaker and local government officials. GM has won a $30.4 million tax abatement for a planned $64 million expansion to its Silverado/Sierra Ft. Wayne facility. Construction will begin in April. The 74,000-sq.-ft. addition's purpose, when completed in July 2000, will be to build composite pickup boxes for the GMT800 full-size ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.