Expansion of the DaimlerChrysler AG plant in Vance, AL, remains under discussion, according to Mercedes-Benz of North America Inc. President Mike Jackson. The Vance facility currently makes the hot-selling M-Class sport/utility vehicle, and DC is looking at having a family of Mercedes SUVs in the future, Mr. Jackson acknowledges, to meet the rising U.S. demand for opulent light trucks. The domestic luxury market presently consists of 48% cars and 52% trucks, Mr. Jackson says. Despite ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.