Saturn Corp.'s Spring Hill, TN, facility will idle production the first two weeks of January to prepare the plant for the automaker's forthcoming sport/utility vehicle. “Now our SUV is still a few years away, but we do need to begin to get the processing in the plant in line so that we will be able to continue to build the S-Series while putting the construction in place to prepare for” the SUV, says a company spokeswoman. Spring Hill employees still will report to work while production is ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.