Workers at Ford Motor Co.'s Wayne, MI, assembly plant are slated to begin building pre-production versions of the new Focus last week. Two pre-production vehicles will be built a day, one on the day shift and a second on nights, as a first step toward getting employees acquainted with new build procedures and where potential build problems might exist with the Escort replacement. TRW Inc. says it will set up a new plant in Toledo, OH, to assemble chassis modules for DaimlerChrysler Corp.'s ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.