Ford Motor Co. is shuttering its Wixom, MI, Lincoln plant this week (Aug. 2-6), during the ramp up of its new LS, due to a parts shortage. The plant makes about 3,500 vehicles each week. Most output is geared towards Town Car production, but a third is committed to LS. Dana Corp. says it wants to sell its Marion, OH, forging facility, because of synergies realized from its 1998 purchase of Eaton Corp.'s heavy axle and brake business. It claims the forging operation no longer fits its ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.