The global economic crisis forces car-importer Ateco Automotive Pty. Ltd. to postpone plans to launch the Great Wall Motor Co. Ltd. brand in Australia. Ateco Managing Director Ric Hull tells Ward’s the Chinese brand’s introduction is on hold solely as a result of the sudden and massive devaluation of the Australian dollar. “Since October, it has lost about 30% of its value against the U.S. dollar, the Chinese yuan and the Thai baht, and about 40% against the Japanese yen,” he writes in an ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.