GYOR, Hungary – Audi Hungaria Motor Kft celebrates production here of its 10 millionth engine. The engine and car plant, owned 100% by Audi AG, began producing 4-cyl. gasoline engines in 1994 with a capacity for 800 engines per day. The successes of the first few years led to a series of increased investment at the plant, which now has capacity to produce 6,900 engines per day. Today nearly 1.5 million 4-, 6- and 8-cyl. engines are manufactured annually in Gyor and shipped worldwide to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.