FRANKFURT – A technical tie-up between Audi AG and Maserati SpA announced at a hastily called press conference during the Frankfurt motor show this week could open the door to a front engine/rear-wheel-drive sedan from one of Volkswagen AG’s brands. Audi is owned by VW and Maserati by Fiat Auto SpA. “We want to maximize the differentiation between our brands," says Volkswagen CEO Bernd Pischetsrieder. “We have front drive and 4-wheel drive, but no front-engine, rear-drive ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.