GENEVA — Audi AG celebrates 20 years of its quattro (all-wheel-drive) technology with the launch of its '01 Allroad, a beefy luxury car-based crossover vehicle. “Twenty years ago, 4-wheel drive was a technical curiosity on normal roads,” says Audi Chairman Franz-Josef Paefgen. “We are moving successfully into the third millennium technically. We will see fewer and fewer automotive competitors but less uniformity. Customers are demanding a broader model range.” The Allroad goes on sale in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.