Although Audi AG’s first hybrid-electric vehicle isn’t on the market yet, the German auto maker already has begun development work on new HEV technology designed for widespread application across its entire vehicle lineup. The second-generation HEV system is a modular, all-wheel-drive design that incorporates lithium-ion batteries, ultimately paving the way for plug-in technology, Audi’s research and development head says in an interview. The first application is expected to come in the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.