Audi AG's Gyor, Hungary, engine-making plant produced its 5-millionth engine this past November. the particular engine was a 3L DOHC V-6 slated for fitment in the Audi A6. The 3L engine, an enlargement of the previous 2.8L, produces 220 hp and can be mated to Audi's all-new Multitronic CVT in front-wheel-drive vehicles.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
•Medium- andheavy-duty truck volumes
•Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.