Audi of America Inc. will appoint Johan de Nysschen, current president of the German auto maker’s Japanese unit, as its new leader effective Dec. 1, sources tell Ward’s. Nysschen will replace Axel Mees, who was fired by Audi last week after making disparaging comments about the Volkswagen Phaeton sedan and former Volkswagen AG CEO Ferdinand Piech. (See related story: U.S. Audi Chief Ousted) Mees was in the final stages of bringing Nysschen to the U.S. to assume the newly created ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.