NEW YORK – Audi AG will equip the next-generation A8, due to arrive in Germany as an ’03 model in August, with its innovative "Multi Media Interface (MMI)," a tool that allows drivers to dial and click their way through music, phone calls, directions to the theater and even the occasional Internet browse. The German auto maker first unveiled MMI on the sultry Avantissimo concept car, shown last September at the Frankfurt Motor Show. Audi is so sure that MMI will be a success that it ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.