DANA POINT, CA – Plant evaluations are under way as Audi AG seeks additional capacity, says Len Hunt, vice president, Audi of America Inc. There long has been talk of establishing a North American assembly plant, Hunt says. But before the car maker goes that route, “first we need to utilize our capacity within the (Volkswagen AG) group. “We’re part of such a big company.” Top consideration is being given to plants that already produce Audi vehicles – or the VW platforms from which they ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.