PASADENA, CA – Nobody disputes Audi AG’s unique Direct Shift Gearbox works beautifully. The dual-clutch automated manual transmission developed by Audi parent Volkswagen AG and supplier BorgWarner Inc. has enjoyed almost universal acclaim in both Europe and the U.S., where it is deployed in a variety of VW Group products. But despite DSG’s rave reviews, Audi officials here at a press introduction for the new RS4 high-performance sedan say technical considerations mean they cannot ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.